1) We endeavour to provide a friendly and efficient service with patients treated in a professional and helpful manner by all members of staff.
2) Practice premises will be kept clean, safe and tidy. Wheelchair access is available. Disabled toilets are available on all the floors.
3) Patient confidentiality will be observed by all members of staff at all times.
4) Any request for an urgent visit will be passed immediately to the doctor for appropriate action. Less urgent visits will be seen on the day of request or later by agreement with the patient.
5) Patients with an urgent problem will be offered a consultation that day, though not necessarily with their usual doctor. Patients making a routine appointment will be offered the earliest available appointment. Cancellations should be notified to the receptionist as soon as possible.
6) Patients attending the surgery will be seen as near to their appointment time as is possible. We believe an appointment system with a flexible approach is, on balance, the best method of arranging consultations for patients and doctors. However, patients do present with a wide variety of problems which can sometimes be complex and time consuming. We hope that any delays encountered will be met with understanding. Where there is undue delay patients will be informed and an explanation given.
7) Telephone calls will be answered with the minimum possible delay and the name of the staff member given if requested. Telephone lines are busiest before 11.00am especially on Monday mornings. For non-urgent matters it will be easier to phone after 11.00am.
The practice will not tolerate abuse or violence from any patient towards doctors or staff. If this does happen the practice will give the patient notice that they are being de-registered from the practice and the reasons why. Information will also be supplied on how to find alternative healthcare.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available. This scheme is available from the practice manager or from http://www.england.nhs.uk.
Click here to download our publication scheme. (.doc)
Access to your information
Click here to read more about why information is collected about you, the ways in which this information may be used and how you can access your information.